Friday, March 9, 2018

We're packed and ready to go....

We're off on another Global Health Practicum in Ghana, West Africa.  My colleague Maggie Bannerman along with 14 BSN students head out on Sunday.  We've been preparing since the fall, and I've spent the past week in seminars with these amazing nurses, refreshing what we know about global health and citizenship, power and privilege, colonization, tropical diseases and low resource settings.  Our heads and hearts are full!!

I know the next 5 weeks will be filled with joy and sorrow, hope and despair, and I also know these 14 women will come home forever changed.  

We invite you to share our journey.  It always feels good to know we have support at home. 

And so it begins...


1 comment:

  1. I see you guys just landed in London. Enjoy stretching your legs before the next flight!!

    ReplyDelete