Sunday, March 10, 2019

Our Bags are Packed and We're Ready to Go!

I'm honoured to be taking this amazing group of 10 students with me to Ghana this year.  Many of these students have been dreaming of this trip since they entered our program 4 years ago. 

I'm grateful that Mara Macauley, a former student, now Registered Nurse, will be joining me as an extra pair of hands (for me and the students).   She gets to return to the land she fell in love with 4 years ago as a student.

We had a full week together in preparation, and Wednesday we packed our bags with supplies.

I know everyone's asking if I'm excited.  The answer is yes....and no....
I know what we're heading into, and I know that each of these beautiful students will be changed at depth.

The journey begins......

Jeanette Vinek
Senior Instructor
UBC Okanagan

No comments:

Post a Comment